Friday, July 24, 2020

Woman-1

For a long time I couldn’t meet myself
I thought I had killed her
The woman within me
But the dead body was still alive…
I kept living with her like operating a machine
All those years are now talking to me…

***************************************

That woman within me didn’t die
She cheated me…
She kept sleeping when I was awaken..
And awoke when I was asleep…
Her thirst threatens me..
Asks me for what she deserves…….
I want to escape…. Want to make her sleep forever..
Or I will sure kill her again…

***************************************

Don’t know how she survives again and again..
The woman within me
She awakens and weeps bitterly in sleepy nights..
She wants to sleep in awaken days..
But she has forgotten to sleep
She wanders awkwardly in days, weeps in nights..
I try to hide from her….she follows me…..
She wants answers of her quests, demands the right to live with honor.

Original in HINDI Date: 28/4/1997
Published in Hindi magazine (HANS January 2001)

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

sabita ji bahut hee senstive poetry hai.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home